Sunday 14 April 2013

Things to do with Wisteria

I love wisteria.

My dad has always told me it is a noxious weed that cannot be grown too close to your house as it will grow up under gutters and roof causing horrendous damage, It is bad news and should be dealt with accordingly.

It is this feature that makes it work so well at my place, our wisteria is holding the entire side fence together , if we poisoned it, we would need a new fence, So I let it grow wild. Every now and then it needs a trim and I can never bring myself to part with the trimmings so I have come up with a few  ways to utilise them....

1. Simple wreath...
2. We recently wanted some ceiling fans installed for cooling and when I couldn't find anything I liked under a grand, we ended up with basic white beacon fans. They were making my eye twitch with irritation every time I looked at them, so I added some wisteria. After seeing my solution Marc is now thinking about spending the grand on the fan that I wanted...







3. After I sorted the fan, I used the same idea on a lamp shade frame I found on the side of the road....








1 comment: